EUROGEO conference Lesvos 2022
“RE-VISIONING GEOGRAPHY FOR SUSTAINABILITY IN THE POST-COVID ERA”.
The conference will start on 5th May 2022 and conclude on 6th May 2022.
University of the Aegean, University Hill, Mytilene 81100, Lesvos Island, Greece.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The 2022 EUROGEO Annual Meeting and Conference will be organised in May 2022 in Mytilene, Lesvos, Greece. We would like to invite you to submit your abstracts for papers, workshops, posters or organized sessions on any aspects of geography or interdisciplinary fields of work/research, for the EUROGEO 2022 Conference: “RE-VISIONING GEOGRAPHY FOR SUSTAINABILITY IN THE POST-COVID ERA”.
- How do geographers, universities, companies and education respond to Sustainable Development Goals and complex challenges in the context of the COVID pandemic?
- What is the role of Geography in the landscape of spatial technologies and open data and how can these assist in achieving SDGs?
- How new eco-social challenges are positioned in the face of a post-pandemic Global Change?
- How can we explore novel educational contexts and resources to transform towards sustainability of socio-ecological systems?
- What conceptual frameworks and strategies can contribute to the construction of societies based on human welfare and the care of nature?
- What are the interactions between Sustainable Development Goals, international migrations and refugees?
Submission is now open, early bird rates will be available until January 23, 2022.
The conference will start on May 5, 2022, and conclude on May 6, 2022. An optional field visit to the Sigri Parks of the Petrified Forest will be available for May 7, 2022, as well as a visit to the Museum of Natural History of the Petrified Forest of Lesvos.
Joseph Kerski, Esri Education Manager
5 Forces, 5 Trends, and 5 Skills Critical to Geography and Geotechnology in the 2020s
Henk van Houtum, Radboud University Nijmegen
Beyond EU’s harming and self-harming border regime. Towards a sustainable and humane migration policy
Mrs. Maria Michailidou, UNICEF Greece
Challenges and Opportunities: UNICEF’s holistic approach in the protection of refugee and migrant children and systems’ strengthening
Registration and submission of abstracts for papers, posters or workshops
Please note you will need to create a user account first to register for the conference. However once this is done you can simply login to register for future conferences. There is a two step process for registration:
Submission of session proposals (4-5 presentations) here.
Submission of Session Proposals: 23 January 2022
Approval of Session Proposals: 12 February 2022
Submission of Abstracts for papers, posters or workshops: 22 April 2022
Early bird rates will be available until 23 January 2022.
Deadline of registration for presenters: 22 April 2022
Deadline of registration for non presenters: 29 April 2022
Contact: [email protected]