EUROGEO conference Krakow 2023
** News Update: Early-bird extended to February 24th **
The conference will start on 27th April 2023 and conclude on 28th April 2023 (Fieldtrip on 29th April 2023).
Location: Institute of Geography. Pedagogical University of Krakow. Podchorążych 2, 30-084 Kraków, Poland.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The 2023 EUROGEO Annual Meeting and Conference will be organised in April 2023 in Kraków, Poland. We would like to invite you to submit your abstracts for papers, workshops, posters or organised sessions on any aspects of geography or interdisciplinary fields of work/research, for the EUROGEO 2023 Conference: “FUTURE-READY GEOGRAPHY”.
Today’s world is in a state of permanent and radical change which is affecting society, science and the economy in equal measures. The concurrent processes of globalisation, digitisation, and integration shape and constantly modify the development factors and generate multidirectional social changes.
Growing global issues related to climate change, food security, depletion of conventional energy sources, conflicts and wars, refugee crisis and pandemic open up new issues for geographic investigations as well as reinforce the need to examine old research topics covering a variety of sub-disciplines. That is why the term “future-ready” becomes nowadays more frequently used in discourses on geographic research.
In particular, geographic education at schools should be a subject for discussion and reflection as this is where our learners are primed to understand the world around them.
For this reason the main goal of this conference is to foster a future-oriented exchange and discussion among scientists representing all sub-disciplines of geography as well as geography teachers and heads of faculties on how geography as science and school subject can get ready for the “future.”
- What theoretical concepts and paradigms will dominate geographic research and geographical education research in the future?
- What are the crucial problems and challenges for geography as a discipline and school subject in the nearest future?
- What is and will be the role of geography in preparing the society for the future? Which issues will become key in geography as future-oriented science?
- In what way geography as science and school subject should respond to environmental, socio-economic, and political issues of global, regional and local impact in order to effectively utilise its potential of applied science?
- Which methods, techniques and tools of data collection and analysis efficiently support geographers in future-oriented research and forecasting environmental and social changes?
- How to reinforce the position of geography as science and school subject nowadays and in the future?
Petr Knecht, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Department of Geography, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic:
Research on the conceptions of geography teaching as an effective platform for the professional development of geography teachers
prof. dr. hab. Tomasz Komornicki, Institute of Geography and Spatial Organization, Polish Academy of Science, Warsaw; Maria Curie-Skłodowska University, Lublin; Poland:
Poland’s eastern border in the European and global network of people flows
Submission is now open, early bird rates have been extended until February 24th, 2023.
Registration and submission of abstracts for papers, posters or workshops
Please note if you previously registered for the 2022 conference, please login to your existing account using the ‘Login & Register’ button below:
If you have already registered for the conference and need to purchase the field trip or conference dinner separately, or additional places, please use the form here instead.
Submission of session proposals (4-5 presentations) here.
Program at a glance
Detailed program of the conference with sessions
Useful information in Krakow
Submission of Session Proposals: 27 January 2023
Approval of Session Proposals: 24 February 2023
Submission of Abstracts for papers, posters or workshops: 14 April 2023
Early bird rates will be available until 24 February 2023
Deadline of registration for presenters: 14 April 2023
Deadline of registration for non presenters: 21 April 2023
Contact (for questions related to program, venue, fieldtrip): [email protected]
Contact (for questions related to registration and invoicing): [email protected]